Ending homelessness and helping individuals and families remain permanently housed
In July 2017, EUMA expanded our work to end homelessness in NW Pennsylvania by rapidly re-housing those experiencing homelessness. According to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), rapid re-housing is an intervention, informed by a Housing First approach that is a critical part of a community’s effective homeless crisis response system. Rapid re-housing rapidly connects families and individuals experiencing homelessness to permanent housing through a tailored package of assistance that may include the use of time-limited financial assistance and targeted supportive services.
(Department of Housing and Urban Development). RAPID RE-HOUSING. Retrieved from https://files.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/Rapid-Re-Housing-Brief.pdf
Who We Serve:
· Qualified homeless individuals, couples and families.
· To qualify, individuals must be able to verify homelessness and complete an assessment to determine eligibility by calling
How We Serve:
· First Month's Rent
· Short Rental Subsidy (1-3 months)
· Medium Rental Subsidy (3-6 months)
Other financial supports IF the need is preventing the client from getting permanent including, but not limited to:
· Moving support;
· PA ID, Birth Certificate;
· Case management services that include:
· Weekly in home check-in following permanent housing placement for 1 month;
· In home and/or check-ins following permanent housing placement, to ensure the client remains permanently and stably housed;
· Referrals to needed services that will aid in the client's permanent housing placement with emphasis on increased household
income, mental and physical health services and children services.
How You Can Help:
· To support Rapid Re-Housing with a monetary donation, visit our Donate page.
· For a list of needed ministry supplies, visit our Needed Supplies page.