Our Neighbors’ Place Seasonal Shelter
Ensuring everyone has a warm, safe place to sleep during Erie’s winter season
A COVID-19 update on ONP services:
EUMA’s ONP will be closing for the season Friday, March 20, 7:00 AM.
We are closing Our Neighbors’ Place Seasonal Shelter on Friday, following information received from the Erie County Department of Health. We believe we are putting homeless guests and volunteers at greater risk by keeping them in close quarters at the shelter, versus closing early and aiding them to find transitional shelter at other temporary housing facilities.
About Our Neighbors' Place Seasonal Shelter
A community effort, ONP operates on a rotating basis among several downtown Erie churches every two weeks during the winter season. Guests are provided two simple meals, the opportunity to shower, a place to sleep, chaplain services and are introduced to available homeless services. ONP typically begins its season in mid-November and operates through the end of March.
Doors open each night at 7:30 p.m. and guests can stay until 7 a.m. the next morning.
Who We Serve:
· Any homeless man or woman
How We Serve:
· Provide overnight, indoor places to sleep
· Serve meals
· Connection with chaplain services
· Resources for homeless services
How You Can Help:
· Volunteer for the 2019-20 season. If you, your church or community organization would like to be contacted about
volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· To support ONP with a monetary donation, visit our Donate page.
· Take steps to end homelessness through ONP. Sign up to walk with EUMA in the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community on
May 30 (registration opening Feb. 1) - money raised by EUMA walkers will benefit the ONP program.
· For a list of needed ministry supplies, visit our Needed Supplies page.
Click to view locations and dates of this drop-in seasonal shelter