Create a Lasting Impact
What is Legacy Giving?
Legacy giving, also know as planned giving, is a powerful way to ensure that your values and beliefs continue to make a positive impact long into the future. By including EUMA (Erie United Methodist Alliance) in your estate plans, you are securing the legacy of making homelessness rare, brief, and one-time just as Jesus would.
Why Support EUMA?
For 135 years, your EUMA has been at the forefront of ending homelessness for Veterans, families, individuals, and youth aging out of foster care. We have accomplished remarkable feats as a community, but the journey is not over. With your help we can continue to move our neighbors from hopeless to home.
How Your Legacy Gift Matters!
Your Legacy Gift can take many forms:
- A bequest in your will
- A charitable trust
- A life insurance policy
- Naming EUMA as a beneficiary
These gifts are investments in the causes and values that matter most to you. They enable us to:
- Give Moms, Dads, and children, who are homeless, a safe place to stay at EUMA's The Refuge Homeless Shelter for families;
- Provide homeless Veteran a second chance at EUMA's Liberty House Transitional Shelter;
- Present youth aging out of foster care with a place to live, while they learn the skills needed to live independently;
- Shelter men and women at Our Neighbors' Place Seasonal Overflow Shelter who otherwise would not have a warm place to sleep on a cold winters night.
Start Your Legacy Today!
Creating a legacy is different for everyone, and we are here to assist you every step of the way. We recommend consulting with a financial advisor or attorney to ensure your wishes align with your estate plans.
To get started or learn more, please contact Jessica Gray at jgray@EUMA-Erie.org. We are here to answer your questions, provide resources, and help you make a lasting difference.