Healthcare for the Homeless Partnership
Faith Community Nurses of NW PA have partnered with EUMA to establish Healthcare for the Homeless Partnership (HC4HP), a program centered on collaboration with other organizations throughout Erie County to provide integrated healthcare and social services to those in need.
This outreach program reaches clients that may not have received services otherwise by going directly where clients are, including: on the streets, at drop-in centers, shelters and soup kitchens.
Services that HC4HP provides:
• Direct Healthcare including: Nursing Assessments, First Aid, and Foot Care
• Wholistic Healthcare, Education and Promotion
• Healthcare, Housing and Social Justice System Advocacy and Navigation
• Clinical Opportunities for Student Health Service Providers
EUMA’s Healthcare for the Homeless Partnership exists to provide direct services for clients and to address the gaps, overlaps and barriers that exist within the healthcare/social service systems. For more on a community collaborative effort to reduce homelessness, click here.
How can you become a part of HC4HP?
• Donate Medical Supplies
• Donate Healthcare or Social Services
• Become a Faith Community Nurse with HC4HP
• Ask about Clinical Opportunities for Health Service Students
HC4HP, in collaboration with other community partners, has also established the
Wellness Connection drop-in clinic. The clinic operates every Friday from 10 a.m.
to 2 p.m. at the Mental Health Association, 1101 Peach St., Second Floor.
The clinic is open and available to those who are homeless or underserved. Services
include: basic primary healthcare, behavioral health, case management, homeless housing
assessment & referrals, referrals & advocacy, and wellness opportunities.
For more information, to help, or if you are homeless and in need of medical assistance, contact HC4HP Coordinator Barb Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.